1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Partitioning and Nandroids

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MattDawgyDog, Sep 23, 2011.

1. MattDawgyDog

MattDawgyDog Newbie
    None

Aug 26, 2011
    Set up my new 16gb card with mikg2.5x and I'm assuming it's running a2sd as the partition shows that it's filling on titanium. So I made a nandroid with sd-ext and one without - If I would flash cm7 and then flash my nandroid(mik2.5 w/ sd-ext) would it automatically put my apps back to where they were on the card or does "sd-ext nandroid" not quite work this way?

I ask because I would like to set up my old 8gb card to be able to flash to CM7 if I just pop it into the phone. I ran cm7 for about a week and the battery was outstanding. So I figured I could play around with some of the 3.5sense roms with the 16gb and if I happen to have something going on where I'll need the phone to last I can pop in my 8gb, flash a nandroid from cm7 and be up and running for a respectable amount of time.

Anyone see flaws with this? I haven't messed with the rom manager or dual-booting yet, I like the idea but I've read too much negative feedback from rom managers in general. Maybe I'm over thinking this!

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    1.yes when you nandroid back, the one with sd ext backed up, you should be good to go with your apps.
    2.you can run cm7 if you like with your card partitioned. it supports darktremors. i'm on it now with my 160 or so apps on my card.
    3.do not use rom manager whatever you do. it is just to buggy. do everything manually.

3. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    I dont see a reason to swap cards. I have several nandroids on my partitioned card and just nandrois to what ever rom i feel like using with no problems even switching between sense and aosp. But im not shure about the a2sd.

Tags: