• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Partitioning SD card to use as int memory..welp..!!

tebon9911

Lurker
Oct 8, 2014
I am having the same universal internal memory full problem for my phone Canvas Magnus.
So, I rooted my phone and i am aiming to create a partition on my SD card and use it as an internal memory. I am following a guide which says to do so by using APart+BUsybox (for partitioning without PC) and then link the partition by using Link2SD.
the procedure for creating the partition says that in APArt I will be prompted for partition making.
but this is where I am stuck -
The guide clearly takes into consideration the extSD for partitioning as in APArt detects extSD by default for partitioning. But in my phone there is an IntenalSD, which is getting detetced by APArt for partition.
I cant even go further with intSD because, APart can only partition when the SD card is unmounted.. and there is no such option as unmount internalSD card, only the opposite - unmount extSD.
I dont understand how to get APArt to select extSD as THE SDcard to be partitioned.

Can anyone please help..??

You do not want to partition the "internal SD" - that's just a stupid name for your phone's internal storage. Can't you just unmount the extSD (which is the actual SD card) and partition that?

Personally I'd go one further than rootabaga: use a card reader and GParted (MiniTool may be OK for fat32 partitions, but I'd rather use GParted to produce ext3 or ext4 format - after all the troubleshooting we did in the Desire forum that's the tool I actually trust).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones