1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Partly dead

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xondrax, Feb 11, 2014.

1. xondrax

xondrax Member
    None

Jan 1, 2014
    Europe
    Hi,my Fierce is half dead from yesterday-dont boot,when connected to pc its detected as unknown device(and I hear the sound of connect in windows)when its on wallcharger LED is glowing(nothing happened after overnight on charger-till now it helped for me)
    Long press power button with or without volume UP/DOWN doesnot help too...
    EDIT:eek:n second pc it suddenly comes back to life-boot and show empty battery(after overnight charging?!?)

Advertisement

2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    What did you do to it? With no recovery system it sounds like its time to return it for a warantee exchange

3. kazeconfused

kazeconfused Lurker
    None

Apr 19, 2013
    This is what the OTA update from MetroPCS and T-Mobile supposedly fixes. Had this problem on mine since day one.

From what I have read, the new OTA breaks other things so I haven't updated to it yet. But just as a heads up and just as it's been posted here in another thread, check "disable HW overlays" in Development Options, it's a temporary work around to this dead boot battery issue. After that your OT Fierce should not do it again until after a reboot. It automatically gets unchecked after a reboot.

Works for me every time, but remember to check "disable HW overlays" again after a reboot. So hope this helps until you update.

4. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 10, 2013
    Male
    Senior In highschool
    Texas
    I posted a link to a video I made in the other thread showing how to set up a tasker task using secure settings so it does it a few seconds after boot

5. xondrax

xondrax Member
    None

Jan 1, 2014
    Europe
    I have L2HUMH2 and it does not offer me an OTA update...And as I am out of USA I cant take it back to T Mobile to do warranty change.But I have some great news-I cant use it till yesterday.It was sim locked and someone before me it screwed with too many unlock attempt(not a first owner).Yesterday I used NCK Dongle(have hardware key for it)and succesfully unlock my Fierce.Now I can it use as phone again :)
    NCK Box/Dongle are the first with repair via flashing option,so I think it can work for all of You with bricked Fierces.

6. rocker5969

rocker5969 Member
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    just happened to me(again - 3rd or 4th time. I'm an idiot) only thing that works for me is to let the phone sit for a while to let the residual battery charge die out. eventually when I plug it back in to the charger it logos up and starts working again.

Mine has the M build and i've tried to do an OTA and always get the "no updates found" message so I assume it has the latest build so if that was supposed to fix it, it didn't.

TLDR? DO NOT reboot your phone while it is connected to your computer. Bad things happen.