• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pass-code every hour or so...

finesta101

Jan 10, 2010
So as most of you may already know, if you enable a pass-code you have to re-enter it every time you unlock the phone from sleep mode. I wanted to know if anyone knows if there is a way to have it so you only enter the pass-code if you dont use the phone for like an hour or so or only enter it if you restart the phone.

Thanks in Advance

Or set your phone not to sleep for an hour then the screen would stay on, hence, no unlock screen? I really don't see the point in wanting this feature though. Surely the whole point of having a lock screen with a code is to stop people getting on to it when you don't want them to.
If you lost your phone within the 'hour' of it not re-locking, you might as well have not locked it at all.

Or am I miss reading the OP?

Upvote 0
Well look, if you use your phone you dont want to keep unlocking it if you check it ever 30 minutes or so... But if you were to loose it someone may or may not get reach of it within that hour of you loosing it. If they do, they will be able to access it for a few minutes here and there.. sooner of later though they'll either turn it off to put in their sim card, it will die, or they just wont use it for an hour.. And than itll be locked...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones