• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Password App - any good ones?

I installed SpashID and imported (by hand) all of my info from PasswordPlus. Yes I came from a TREO.
The problem I'm seeing is that most often when I start the app on my Droid I get an error and a ForceQuit dialog box. Only option I see is to say "Force Quit". However what happens is that SplashID continues to come up and DOES NOT ASK FOR PASSWORD.
Not too secure.
Phil

Upvote 0
I installed SpashID and imported (by hand) all of my info from PasswordPlus. Yes I came from a TREO.
The problem I'm seeing is that most often when I start the app on my Droid I get an error and a ForceQuit dialog box. Only option I see is to say "Force Quit". However what happens is that SplashID continues to come up and DOES NOT ASK FOR PASSWORD.
Not too secure.
Bummer that SplashID is having problems on the Droid! I expect they will fix that bug, however. Have you reported it to SplashData.com?

Upvote 0
Follow up:
I checked the spashid forum on their web site and there is a thread on this issue of 'force quit' and not asking for password.
They believe that the problem will be fixed with version 4.7.
There are some suggested workarounds such as using an app killer to kill off SplashID after each use.
Personally not something that I will remember.
I'll just have to make sure I don't leave my phone unattended until this is fixed in the next release. :)
Phil

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones