• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Password App

I'm using KeePass for PC for more than a decade, keeping it on an USB stick, no need for installing on PC.

Now I've installed KeePass for Android on my (HTC) phone, copied KeePass' data base file from PC to my phone and hadn't any problems to open the data base and edit it :)

For back up I sync the data base with my network drive and so I've the current data base available for to open it with KeePass on PC.

I like to have this option to open/edit a password data base on different systems, IMO better than to be dependent on a single password app with a build-in data base.

Harry

Upvote 0
Third for Keepass!
I keep my datafile in Dropbox and use DropSync to keep it current on my phone and tablet. The combination works flawlessly!

That is exactly what I do too.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.keepass
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.dropsync

There are even portable editions of KeePass for Windows. You can stick it in your Dropbox once and use it on all your Windows computers without having to install it everywhere.
Downloads - KeePass
KeePass Password Safe Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

...and of course if you're new to Dropbox you'll want to sign up from the link in my sig for bonus free storage. ;)

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0
... Now I've installed KeePass for Android on my (HTC) phone, copied KeePass' data base file from PC to my phone and hadn't any problems to open the data base and edit it :)

For back up I sync the data base with my network drive and so I've the current data base available for to open it with KeePass on PC.

I like to have this option to open/edit a password data base on different systems, IMO better than to be dependent on a single password app with a build-in data base. ...

Exactly what I do. Zero problems with Keepass so far.

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones