• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Password Change on Google Apps Account

I recently changed my password on my Google Apps account. Figured that my Thunderbolt would prompt me to enter my new password.

Well, that didn't happen. Everything I'm reading says I need to do a factory reset. I'm alright with resetting my phone, but since it's rooted, I'm not sure if I need to be aware of other ramifications.

I'm using the free version of Titanium Backup, and do not have a custom ROM. (yet)

Thanks

Jason

Just giving advice that worked for me. From everything I know about Google, the password you use for the Google Play Market is the same for your Gmail account.

I would suggest that you go into setting, Account Sync, and force a sync. That should cause an error, and from the error, you should be able to change your password.

Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0
Just giving advice that worked for me. From everything I know about Google, the password you use for the Google Play Market is the same for your Gmail account.

I would suggest that you go into setting, Account Sync, and force a sync. That should cause an error, and from the error, you should be able to change your password.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the reply

That's exactly what I expected. Google Play though didn't work yesterday (just gave an error when I went to install something), it's working fine now. GMail doesn't sync, but returns no errors, GTalk throws an Authentication error. Google Plus works w/out trouble. The more I think about it, the more I think there's some deeper problem here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones