• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Password-lock screen ONLY after a certain amount of idle time?

btennis921

Lurker
Jun 1, 2011
I have a Samsung Infuse running Android 2.2. I'd like the screen to lock, with a PIN, but ONLY after a certain amount of idle time (e.g. 15 minutes). In other words, I want to be able to turn the display on and off with a few minutes in between without the phone locking at all, but if I leave the display off for 15 minutes and try to turn it back on, it will require a PIN to do so.

Is there an app for that???

Password Delay by Willem Stoker is working great, BUT it didn't completely meet my needs. Now, every time I wake up my phone, I still have to unlock it. I don't need a password every time, but it's still a hassle to have to unlock the phone EVERY time. So now I'm looking for one of the following that will work alongside Password Delay OR accomplish the same thing as Password Delay but also:

1. Stop the phone from locking entirely until a certain amount of time has passed (and then lock AND require a PIN)

2. Enable screen unlock by pressing a single button on screen, rather than sliding all the way across (it's really annoying on the huge Infuse)

#1 is obviously preferable. Please help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones