• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

password lock screen randomly appears

in short, when i press the home key/close an app the password lock screen appears and it's annoying. Also the volume level doesn't affect my text message notification.

long story:A week ago sprint told me to factory reset my phone to get rid of the error 67 problem, ever since then i've had this problem. So they told me to factory reset it again and the problem continued. then they sent a replacement and now i'm still getting the problem before i installed any apps. the SD card is the same though. So i'm confused and don't want to delete everything from the sd card. ....help?

Do you have "no lock" app in your SD card? I have no lock app installed on my evo to bypass my exchange induced password lock. I think the app has a glitch of causing the flickering of the lock screen when I press home button. This only happens if I don't enter my password when I reboot the phone. If I unlock the screen by pressing password at the first time I reboot it works fine. I think the glitch is due to the no lock app forces the lock screen off when lock screen already initiated. No lock has to be on before the lock screen activates to work properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones