1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Password problem Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gaperon, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Gaperon

Gaperon Lurker

I purchased a Galaxy Tab3 today and am unable to complete set-up as I made a mistake in entering my passdword. I am not even sure if I was supposed to create a new password or if it had to be the same as on my Free box. Can anyone help? I am blocked and most frustrated!! I have consulted the user manual, but cannot even access settings to return to factory default settings!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Did you put in a gmail account? If you did just keep putting in passwords until it asks you for your gmail address and password.

If not you can boot into recovery and reset to factory settings there.

3. Gaperon

Gaperon Lurker

Thanks for your response. No, I hadn't even managed to enter a GMail account. Pardon my ignorance, but would you be kind enough as to tell me how to reboot this little beauty so as to access factory settings??? Many thanks in advance.

4. Gaperon

Gaperon Lurker

I actually managed to reset to factory data settings, reboot and start again, entering the password connected to my Freebox, but am still getting 'authentication error' message each time, so still cannot proceed any further!

5. olbriar

olbriar  

Not a great start for you. I'm very sorry. Gaperon, I suggest you check into the discussion area for your tablet. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 - Android Forums
    The friendly members there know the tablet best and can assist you. I wish I could advise you but I know nothing about your tablet. Good luck.