• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Password prompt after power off. Pattern after sleep.

Kelemvor

Nov 12, 2010
I have a Samsung Mesmerize (US Cellular) and I can't figure this one out.

The phone has had a password on it since it was set up in the store. I want to get rid of that and use the pattern thing instead.

I went into Settings / Location and set a pattern. The pattern works if I press the power button to sleep the screen just fine.

However, if I power off the phone, and then power it back on, I get the Password prompt where I have to actually type in the whole password.

I can't figure out where to turn this off.

On an Optimus I have, I just go to Settings, Location & Security, and I have an option for Change Screen Lock. I can choose pattern, PIN, or password.

On the Mesmerize, when I go to Settings, Location & Security, that option is not there. I was able to set a pattern but it doesn't take affect on a power off/on situation.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones