• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Password Recovery Problems

Jmtegra

Android Enthusiast
Feb 28, 2010
Pensacola, FL
So I have an issue... Im sure all of us had had our share of crazy girlfriends but this one tops the list.

So im outside smoking a tig and im browsing through the market and try to download a app.. It promps me for my gmail password for some reason, i thought that was odd but entered it anyways. Whatdaya know. Its been changed. Verizon actually set up this email for me so i have no other email address linked to it and figuring out the security questions is near impossible. Also she changed my facebook so she could snoop through everything. Ahh the drama right?

What can i do? Should i call the Police? Can they find her by her IP address? Should i get a restraining order against her? Really i dont want to deal with any sort of law enforcement as i am on probation and try to streer clear of anything like that.

So Eris community i ask you... What do i do?:thinking:

i keep passwords on everything and lock up everything before i leave my pc or phone for any length of time. mine is a snooper too. then makes fights out of things that she doesnt understand and that are harmless to her. im not even doing anything wrong. but her ignorance of certain things causes fights. at 1st she was mad that i keep locking her out of everything. now she doesnt even try.

you can call the police, but that wont undo what she did. get everything back somehow and lock everything down. i know what its like to try to recover passwords anymore. it took me months to get my yahoo mail back. that was my fault cuz i changed my password when i was too drunk. lol

Upvote 0
You will have to get in touch with google and facebook to recover your passwords. If you did not set up password recovery questions, then you are SOL. When you set up secret questions for password recovery, DO NOT put in info that can be guessed by people who know you or can snoop to find out. You have to make crap up that only you remember.

The cops won't do anything. You can bluff with her and threaten to call the cops, but hell, she probably reads this right now! :D

Really i dont want to deal with any sort of law enforcement as i am on probation and try to streer clear of anything like that.

Translation: She has dirt on your ass and you'd be cell mates.

Upvote 0
since Verizon created that email account for you, you probably don't use it much. I'd just go and create a brand new Gmail account, do a factory reset on the phone (after you right down all the apps you have and contact information) and re-configure the device with the new account. I haven't tried HTC Sync, but that may backup your contact information for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones