• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Patch] 32m Heap Size, + True Streaming Audio Fix

They won't survive a restore, but if you run logcat via adb, while its hanging, see if there are errors.

Or, you can even save it to a text file.

adb shell
su (if needed)
logcat > /sdcard/log.txt

Then save the file here from your sd card.

I'm at work right now so I don't have adb but I'll take a stab at it once I get home (a couple hours). Thanks for all the help.

Upvote 0
No luck so far, tried the EVO version and the Phone Neutral version each with a dalvik-cache wipe and got the same errors in the log. I've heard rumors that ClockWork may have (or may have had) issues with dalvik-cache wipe so I'm going to flash back to Amon Ra recovery, sign the patch, flash the patch, and then dalvik-cache wipe.

It's a long shot but we'll see what happens.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I tried this zip on my droid after hearing reports that it worked on the droid, but I still have the same crappy audio from pandora and slacker as before. I tried flashing it over CM. It booted fine, everything runs fine, but the streaming audio still sucks. CM pulled the fix from AOSP after it dropped, but the audio still stunk, so I thought, what the heck, why not flash and try. I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Slightly off topic:

Since I first got my DINC (stock), and even after rooting, and installing a couple Roms (sky raider 2.2, couple cyan tests, etc) I have been having static issues in the background. It was horrible when I upgraded to sky raider 2.2, then I installed your patch and it went back to the way it was originally.

I use bluetooth to connect to my car stereo (I have tried 3.5mm, same results) and I hear a slight bit of static or skipage. I use Pandora as my main audio source, yet when I try to use other media I get the same result (groove shark, music on the SD card).

Any ideas? I am using the 2.05.00.06.11 radio.

Upvote 0
I tried this zip on my droid after hearing reports that it worked on the droid, but I still have the same crappy audio from pandora and slacker as before. I tried flashing it over CM. It booted fine, everything runs fine, but the streaming audio still sucks. CM pulled the fix from AOSP after it dropped, but the audio still stunk, so I thought, what the heck, why not flash and try. I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?

Are the roms you are running compiled with opencore and not stagefright?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones