1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Patching

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arndts78, Sep 7, 2011.

1. arndts78

arndts78 Newbie

I searched awhile and couldn't find anything. Is there a certain process to patching my current MikG V2.5 rom?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

just download the file...go into your recovery and wipe the cache and dalvik cache, flash the zip and reboot....

if you dont have the file just go here and its under gingerbread 2.3.3 + sense 2.1..under mikg 2.5

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html

arndts78 likes this.
  3. arndts78

arndts78 Newbie

Thank you as always. One more quick question. I was looking around and saw that you can install new lock rings. Is that installation process the same or is that more work that I might not be ready for? :)

4. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

almost any themes or mods are gonna be the same process....wipe cache and dalvik cache then flash and reboot....however sometimes mods require a fresh install of the rom, then flash the mod...even though its a rarity, i have seen some like that....just make sure any mods that you flash are for that rom unless it specifically says its universal with different version numbers....if you try to flash a synergy rom mod on a mikg rom....more than likely its not gonna work and if it does work, your probly goin to encounter some type of problem...Also, make sure you make a nandroid before you flash any mods so if something doesnt work or you have problems you can always perform a restore...

andygu3, ocnbrze and arndts78 like this.
  5. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert

They are simple to flash. Download and put on your sdcard. Reboot to recovery. Wipe cache and dalvik-cache. Flash the zip. Reboot. Enjoy your new mod!

andygu3 and arndts78 like this.
  6. arndts78

arndts78 Newbie

Thanks guys

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews