• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Patching

Reactions: arndts78
Upvote 0
Thank you as always. One more quick question. I was looking around and saw that you can install new lock rings. Is that installation process the same or is that more work that I might not be ready for? :)

almost any themes or mods are gonna be the same process....wipe cache and dalvik cache then flash and reboot....however sometimes mods require a fresh install of the rom, then flash the mod...even though its a rarity, i have seen some like that....just make sure any mods that you flash are for that rom unless it specifically says its universal with different version numbers....if you try to flash a synergy rom mod on a mikg rom....more than likely its not gonna work and if it does work, your probly goin to encounter some type of problem...Also, make sure you make a nandroid before you flash any mods so if something doesnt work or you have problems you can always perform a restore...

Upvote 0
Thank you as always. One more quick question. I was looking around and saw that you can install new lock rings. Is that installation process the same or is that more work that I might not be ready for? :)

They are simple to flash. Download and put on your sdcard. Reboot to recovery. Wipe cache and dalvik-cache. Flash the zip. Reboot. Enjoy your new mod!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones