1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Patriot Signature MicroSD 32gb won't read

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HolySafari, Oct 15, 2012.

1. HolySafari

HolySafari Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Hi, I have a problem with my patriot signature microsd 32gb on my 16gb Samsung Galaxy SIII which I use as a music and picture storage for my music player and camera
    The phone is rooted and is running stock ROM and kernel

The problem:
    1)when transferring music files while the sd card is in the phone, using a usb and explorer method of copying and pushing sometimes the write protected warning pops up, other times the file would copy but I could not find it in my music player/gallery, other times the file is present for a period of time but after a restart of my phone the file disappears.

NOTE: However, files that I have transferred using the microsd adapter and directly through the computer does not change at all.

2)On the default camera I have set up the external sd card as the default location for pictures, but when I take a picture sometimes the warning that "sd card cannot be located and default storage is changed back into phone"

What I attempted:
    I thought it was a formatting problem and so I tried to format the sd card using both my phone and pc into the phone's desired FAT32 format,
    but the problem persists.
    I have also inserted the sd card into the adapter and put the write protected switch up thinking it was a permissions problem

Is it a faulty card? or am I doing something wrong?

Additional Note:
    1)I have both ES file explorer and Root explorer and when I attempt to change the permission on my external sd card which usually appears in ES file explorer as "rwx-rwx-r(blank)x" it always fails

2)When opening the gallery and trying to view some of the photos saved in the external sd card, it would appears as unable to load and just a black screen.

3)I also export playlists from itunes in m3u format and puts it in a playlist folder in the sd card but it would never appear when I try to see it in a file explorer, although using poweramp I can import the list, but the old ones that I have placed on the card is also present unable to find them or delete them in either the phone or the pc

I have really became desperate trying to solve this problem
    Please help me :(

Advertisement