• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pattern lock screen stuck on everytime unlocked

jenden122

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
I've had my phone for a month and I love it to pieces. Anyway, I've noticed lately it is getting more "glitchy" than it was in the beginning. Little things like, I'll be typing a message in a message box (happened in a facebook message and in an ebay message) and all of a sudden the keyboard will go away, go back to the regular screen, and the message will be deleted. Which is really frustrating after typing a long one.

This I can deal with.

But what is driving me NUTS is that I had, at one point, the pattern set to be used everytime my phone was unlocked (I found out people were playing with it at work when I walked away). So I set it to have a pattern. Now I no longer need it, so I turned it off. Now, everytime my phone gets unlocked, the pattern screen (with the 9 little circles) shows up. All you have to do it touch it, anywhere on the screen, and it goes away. I've checked and triple checked my security settings, no pattern is even set, and the boxes are unchecked for requiring a pattern.

Is anyone else's phone doing this? It's one extra little thing I have to do, other than drag the bar down to unlock it, to get my home screen. It drives me crazy. I am debating using the 1 year manufacturers warranty to get a new one because if I'm paying $30 a month for this data plan, and spent this much on a phone, I don't want something that will make me crazy.

Help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones