1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Pay As You Go?

Discussion in 'Orange' started by Dastardley, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Dastardley

Dastardley Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I have the Galaxy S on contract from Orange.....I'm over the moon with the phone.....Just love it. My brother wants one.....but he doesn't want a pay monthly contract. If he buys a Galaxy S and runs it using a Pay-As-You-Go Sim card (Top Up)will he still be able to use ALL the same features as I can on my contract sim?....Like will he still be able to use youtube, GPS, etc etc.?

Advertisement

2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Student
    Southampton, England
    He'll be able to use everything just like you. However he'll have to watch his mobile data usage, a smartphone can have all sorts of data going in and out, and on a pay and go card, mobile data isn't cheap.

Dastardley likes this.
  3. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Hi,

I can't speak for the Galaxy S in particular but I have a HTC Legend and run that off an orange PAYG (Dolphin) SIM and it works fine. the only thing to watch out for is that you get a 3G SIM (if you've already got a 2G one you can go to an Orange shop and swap it - keeping your number - for the cost of a

Dastardley likes this.
  4. Dastardley

Dastardley Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland

5. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer

Jan 11, 2010
    Driver
    W Midlands, UK
    If he's going to use a lot of data, which I guess he would otherwise why get a smartphone, then I would suggest GiffGaff. Tesco mobile is also not bad but GiffGaff does not have a fair use policy on their pay as you go unlimited mobile data.

Dastardley likes this.