• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Paypal Here working with the LG Motion (MS770)

DocBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Detroit
For you Motion users that tried/wanted/needed/etc. Paypal Here and were frustrated because it didn't work with the Motion, this post is for you.

The app does work with the Motion but you must have the newest card reader that has white bands around the pin. The original with the black bands will not work. Received mine today and completed multiple test swipes then actually charged myself $1 successfully. Also my phone is rooted and I do have one of the roms (cant remember which one) installed. Enjoy!!!!! :)

For you Motion users that tried/wanted/needed/etc. Paypal Here and were frustrated because it didn't work with the Motion, this post is for you.

The app does work with the Motion but you must have the newest card reader that has white bands around the pin. The original with the black bands will not work. Received mine today and completed multiple test swipes then actually charged myself $1 successfully. Also my phone is rooted and I do have one of the roms (cant remember which one) installed. Enjoy!!!!! :)

Can you try this with stock too?? I would like to know if the android version makes a difference.

Upvote 0
Can you try this with stock too?? I would like to know if the android version makes a difference.

Will have an answer on this in a few days. Really do not feel up to messing with my current phone setup. A friend has ordered the reader and his Motion is stock.

I am quite sure it will work. I know for a fact it works on stock Admire also with the original (black band) readers that were issued.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones