1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

PB31IMG missing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by juleskywalker, Sep 16, 2011.

1. juleskywalker

juleskywalker Lurker

I am new to rooting and flashing roms and I am having trouble with trying to flash a new rom (and even backing up the current rom). When I use Rom Manager to try to do one of these functions, it gets stuck in fastboot/hboot and I can trigger error messages saying it cant find various versions of PB31IMG.

I don't see PB31IMG.zip on my SD card using ASTRO, so I am wondering if I somehow deleted it. The card is formatted in FAT32, I just don't see the file at all. Can I just download a new copy and continue flashing new roms? What generated this file in the first place?

Thanks!

Background info: I rooted using Unrevoked3, and had to switch SD cards in order to have enough space for the Rom I wanted. After switching cards, and copying all the files, I flashed Nil's Business Gingersense. After a few weeks, I tried loading Cyanogen. I decided to keep sense, so I reflashed Gingersense. A few more weeks and problems later, I went back to my original rom. Unfortunately, that is now buggy (I cant get location stuff to turn on and other problems), so I just want to get back to Gingersense when I had the above problem.

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Sounds like you don't have a recovery, go into rom manager and flash clockwork recovery a bunch of times.

PB31IMG.zip files are only for flashing radios/hboots, restoring a phone to stock (unrooting), or in some cases flashing a recovery(not needed if your phone boots).

Generally you should never have a PB31IMG.zip file on your SD card.

PS, don't use rom manager to install roms, learn how to do it manually, you will have far less problems.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews