1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root PB31IMG missing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by juleskywalker, Sep 16, 2011.

1. juleskywalker

juleskywalker Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2011
    I am new to rooting and flashing roms and I am having trouble with trying to flash a new rom (and even backing up the current rom). When I use Rom Manager to try to do one of these functions, it gets stuck in fastboot/hboot and I can trigger error messages saying it cant find various versions of PB31IMG.

I don't see PB31IMG.zip on my SD card using ASTRO, so I am wondering if I somehow deleted it. The card is formatted in FAT32, I just don't see the file at all. Can I just download a new copy and continue flashing new roms? What generated this file in the first place?

Thanks!

Background info: I rooted using Unrevoked3, and had to switch SD cards in order to have enough space for the Rom I wanted. After switching cards, and copying all the files, I flashed Nil's Business Gingersense. After a few weeks, I tried loading Cyanogen. I decided to keep sense, so I reflashed Gingersense. A few more weeks and problems later, I went back to my original rom. Unfortunately, that is now buggy (I cant get location stuff to turn on and other problems), so I just want to get back to Gingersense when I had the above problem.

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Sounds like you don't have a recovery, go into rom manager and flash clockwork recovery a bunch of times.

PB31IMG.zip files are only for flashing radios/hboots, restoring a phone to stock (unrooting), or in some cases flashing a recovery(not needed if your phone boots).

Generally you should never have a PB31IMG.zip file on your SD card.

PS, don't use rom manager to install roms, learn how to do it manually, you will have far less problems.