• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PC games on a tablet

Etrogann

Jun 2, 2011
I am getting a tax refund and thinking of buying a tablet. What I want to know though is can you play PC games on any of the tablets out there? If not what are some good tablets for gaming? I want to be able to play good, in depth games on whatever tablet I get. Ohh, and I will only look at wifi versions. I am not getting a contract with anyone. Thanks guys and gals.

I was thinking of more recent games. Older windows games like Starwars Galaxies Emu, Ultimate Online and Ffallen Earth (notice a pattern?) I am not sure if a Windows tablet would play them or if a dual boot system would be possible? I know that the first two at least would run on linux, that is what made me think they might play on android.

Upvote 0
I was thinking of more recent games. Older windows games like Starwars Galaxies Emu, Ultimate Online and Ffallen Earth (notice a pattern?) I am not sure if a Windows tablet would play them

Quite sure an x86 Windows tablet would play them, provided they're not too old for running on XP, Vista or 7.

or if a dual boot system would be possible? I know that the first two at least would run on linux, that is what made me think they might play on android.

Android tablets have ARM CPUs. Booting x86 Windows wouldn't really be possible except for possibly some kind of x86 PC emulation, which would probably be extremely slow and not enough RAM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones