• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PC no longer recognizes phone since Gingerbread

This is annoying as all hell. I never had issues before the Gingerbread update, but now, the PC only recognizes the phone to charge it. I can't do anything with putting music on my phone, moving files, photos, etc.

I've tried about everything I can think of. Tried mass storage, tried kies mode, tried rebooting the phone while connected in both those modes, downloaded every driver that I can find.. and still nothing.

Help? Someone!?

Have you tried doing a factory reset since you did the update?

It will wipe your phone and you'll have to reload all of your apps, but that may resolve the issue.

The only other suggestion I have at this point would be to take it in to a tech center at a USCC Store and have them reflash the update to your phone. That will also wipe your phone.

Upvote 0
Have you tried doing a factory reset since you did the update?

It will wipe your phone and you'll have to reload all of your apps, but that may resolve the issue.

The only other suggestion I have at this point would be to take it in to a tech center at a USCC Store and have them reflash the update to your phone. That will also wipe your phone.

I have not tried a factory reset, at least not that I recall.. I'll do that now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones