1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support PC not recognising my HTC Hero when connected using USB anymore. Anyone Help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deejay1985, Aug 22, 2011.

1. deejay1985

deejay1985 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    PC not recognising my HTC Hero when connected using USB any more. It just charges but has no charging symbol on the top bar of phone and PC does not show anything being connected in the right corner of task bar. I want to be able to use my phone as a modem and access the disk drive It used give me the option to choose what i wanted to do when connected but nothing appears . I'm running Win 7 64 bit on my PC and HTC Hero is running on 2.1-update1. I have the latest version of HTC Sync installed version 3.0.5551. Anybody know how to fix this problem please?

Advertisement

2. Garybrazier

Garybrazier Newbie
    None

Feb 7, 2010
    Medical Device Engineer
    Harwich, Essex & Cardiff Uk
    Sorry I cann't help, but I have exact same problem. Running 2.1, Unlocked from orange. Was working fine. Wondering if it is related to one of those unwanted windows upgrades?

3. kidd51

kidd51 Lurker
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    Mine was doing the same, not being recognized when plugged into the PC with the Sync program on the screen and I could not read my sdcard but it was working 4 days ago -strange. So this morning I did a roll back on my comp. of 5 days prior and let it do its thing and then everything started working again :D. This worked for me anyways. Windows 7 Ultimate - HTC Hero firm. 2.1-Update 1, build 3.36.661.2.

Kirk

Tags: