1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

PC not recognize usb connected device nexus 7.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kenak, Dec 23, 2018.

1. kenak

kenak Lurker

I was trying to downgrade android 5.1.1 to 4.1.1 but something got really wrong so it wiped out everything, now when I plugin the nexus 7 it shows none of the device attached.
    Any clue how can i restore the system image factory?

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

A Nexus is pretty hard to brick. Can you get it into fastboot mode?

Jfalls63 likes this.
  3. kenak

kenak Lurker

No every command i type its show this message < waiting for any device > and keep like this.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

With the tablet completely powered off, press and hold the power and volume down buttons for several seconds. After 4 or five seconds, the device should boot into fastboot mode. Then you should be able to re-flash it with the stock firmware.

Dannydet, bcrichster and Jfalls63 like this.
  5. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Never, never, EVER flash an older firmware for ANY device than what it's currently running as a lot of updated bootloader's come with partition changes and symlinks needed for such changes.. you likely bricked your device cuz it sounds like you screwed your bootloader up. Critical error, FYI

Dannydet likes this.
  6. kenak

kenak Lurker

I believe so, whatever i do, not computer can recognize the device. No way to boot from power bottom and - volume.

Thanks for the help.

7. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

I'm sorry to hear that, call it a learning experience. We've all had them, Lol. With software, the devil's in the details and read-read-read..

kenak likes this.
  8. kenak

kenak Lurker

Thanks a lot, that's really true.
    I will be more careful from now. kkkk

Nexus 7 (2013) Forum

The Nexus 7 (2013) release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3950mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews