1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support PC not recognizing mytouch 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lalalola, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Lalalola

Lalalola New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Female
    Florida
    I just bought this phone a couple of weeks ago. It runs on 2.3.6.

I am not interested in rooting my phone. All I wanted was the No Root Screenshot It app. However, my PC doesn't recognize my phone. It just sits in device manager as Android Adapter. Error description below:

Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
    Architecture: x86
    Hardware Id: USBVID_12D1&PID_1038&REV_0227&MI_01 ***(add backslash between USB and VID. Forum would not allow me to add it because of spam feature for links)***
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

So I can't even run eclipse or SDK to do anything. I have tried downloading the HTC device drivers alone, then the whole HTC sync package. It didn't work. Then I tried using the drivers in the SDK folder (under extras->google->usb_driver) Nothing recognizes my device, nor do any of the drivers I have tried worked...whether they are OEM drivers or manufacturer drivers.

Yes, I have enabled USB debugging.

I am an intermediate user and programmer. I have even tried editing the string content, updating it with a new string, into the usb inf file in the sdk package to recognize my device, but unfortunately the code was made for much earlier versions of android.

I am running Windows Vista SP2. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

Advertisement

2. Lalalola

Lalalola New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Female
    Florida