1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

PC Pictures to Droid X?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rkassl, Jan 11, 2011.

1. rkassl

rkassl Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Is it possible to transfer pictures from your PC to the Droid X? If so how do you do it? Seems like when I tried, the phone umounts the sD card?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Male
    Leather Wheel re-Skinner
    New Braunfels, Texas
    all you do is plug the phone in, mount to USB Mass Storage and then copy whatever to almost where ever on the sd card. I sometimes make a folder and sometimes just plop them in the DCIM folder. Once done un mount the card (charge only) and you will see them in the gallery.

3. rkassl

rkassl Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Whatd does it mean and how do you mount the sD card? Does my sD card need to be formatted with a file system to do this? Do you use the USB cable alone or do you use a program on the PC to do the transfer?

4. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Male
    Leather Wheel re-Skinner
    New Braunfels, Texas
    you will see a USB icon in the notification bar along the top of the phone when you plug it into the PC. Drag it down and select "USB Connection" then the Mass Storage option. A dialog box will pop up (autostart) where you can select "Open Folders to View Files". Then its kinda up to you were you put the images. You can make a new folder or place them in the folder the camera stores them in "DCIM". When you open the gallery it will scan the contents of the SD card and display the images found in folders on the display.