1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

PC Wont Allow Me To Move Files To SD Samsung Victory Root

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hey guys, been browsing for a few hours now on the entirety of the internets and have not found a solution to my problem. I have a Samsung Victory with 4G from Virgin Mobile and I've recently become interested in rooting it. However, when I try to copy the SuperSU and busybox files to the card (32 gb, micro sd, sandisk) it simply will not let me. I have tried plugging it into an adapter and transferring the files from my laptop directly to the SD card and it appears to work however upon going through the steps of rooting up to pressing "Start" in Odin it fails which leads me to believe it does not work and it simply isnt informing me that there was an error on my laptop. Basically I would like to know if there is a solution to my problem and I do not believe it is the microSD card since I picked it up this morning for the sole purpose of rooting. Thanks for reading and I hope you can help!

PS: Originally the phone would not show up when I plugged it into the computer so I downloaded a program called Kies which allows me to get to the phone and the files on the sd card about 85-90% of the time, sometimes it gets stuck in a forever connecting to the device loop if I connect it without putting the phone into sleep mode by shutting off the display I find. Not sure if this helps but just trying to offer all the dets. I can.

Advertisement

2. AndroidNewbie88

None

Jan 25, 2014
    Hey guys, OP here. Made an account so I could tell you that the green bar that indicates how much it has been copied gets up to about 1/5 of the way through the full bar until I get the message "The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected." Hope this helps

3. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Busybox (and SuperSU, AFIK) can't be run from the SD card. It should be in a directory under /system.

Some apps can be run from anywhere. Some apps have to be run from certain places. If you move busybox to the SD card, remove the SD card and run an app that needs a function busybox supplies, you can crash the whole thing.

If you move SuperSU to the SD card, then remove the card, no rooted app can get root.

Some things just have to be the way they are.

4. AndroidNewbie88

None

Jan 25, 2014
    Not entirely sure what you mean. I'm trying to root the phone by copying the files over to the root of the sd card and it is giving me that error. Basically I'm following the instructions seen in the following link so I'm 100% sure it is possible to root the phone just wondering how to get around the error that I am receiving. Do you mean I need to move SuperSU and busybox to a different part of the phone?

How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE (Virgin Mobile) - TheUnlockr TheUnlockr