• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PC won't recognize lg x venture for MTP or ADB?

Louis Lewis

Lurker
Apr 22, 2018
Hello, I just purchased an LG X Venture, model number H700. It is running android 7.0. When I first got it a few days ago, I installed the drivers for it on my windows 7 computer, and plugged it in. I got a pop up on the phone where I set the default USB mode to MTP (media transfer protocol). It worked great, and I was able to tranfer files between my PC and my phone.

Then I tried to get adb debugging to work with my phone, and screwed everything up. I enabled developer options, and then checked USB debugging. I also accidentally hit the "revoke USB debugging authorization button." I installed what I think are the correct ADB drivers on my PC. Then I plugged my phone back into my PC. This time, nothing comes up. I've checked in the device manager, etc., and I can't find a trace of the phone anywhere.

I looked back at developer options under USB configuration, and it's still set to MTP. But somehow I screwed something up, because my phone and computer no longer recognize each other (except for charging).

I even tried my phone with two other computers (one also windows 7, the other mac), and got the same behavior.

Any idea how to fix this? Ideally I'd like to get ADB to work, but I would settle for just getting MTP back haha.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones