1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

PC working as a headset?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by skyride, Aug 23, 2011.

1. skyride

skyride Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    Hey guys. Had a search through the forum and couldn't find anything particularly helpful. Ended up having a bit of a bash myself so I'm also throwing out what I've tried if anyone's got any suggestions.

This is something I've wanted to do for a while now, but now I've got a new laptop with bluetooth built in, it's kind re-kindled my want to do it. I'm looking for some method of using my PC as a headset/controller for my phone for calls, similar to how more advanced in-car systems work.

I tried out the default software that came with my laptop (so just the basic windows 7 tools) and nothing seemed helpful. After googling a bit I ended up finding a piece of software called Bluesoleil which seems pretty decent. However when I pair my phone with it, the only service the phone lists to it is "Bluetooth Object Push", and so far I haven't come across any way to make the PC show to the phone as having headset capability.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm up for listening.

Cheers, Adam.

Advertisement

2. skyride

skyride Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    Ok small update, managed to get my PC operating as a media audio output (so I could play a song through my speakers/headphones from the Music program), but it still wouldn't work for calls.

Deleting Bluesoleil now, going to go back and try out the stock windows tools again, see if i missed anything.