• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PC World Really hates Sprint!!!! lol

SirSlayer

Android Expert
Feb 18, 2010
San Diego, CA.
Sprint's EVO 4G in 4G Country (Washington State): Not So Fast - PCWorld

And Another one!!!! lol Thanks lewi3069
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/198024/sprint_evo_4g_launch_faces_bugs_and_weak_4g_performance.html

All I have to say about this article is that he talks about all the nice places he went too without giving any concrete evidence to his claims. I just laughed my ass off and is such a stupid review. I am posting it here for your entertainment. Other wise its not even worth the read.

Enjoy!!! I think :rolleyes:

No flaming from me. In fact I agree. I thought it was a well written piece showing real world experience with 4G.

To the OP: Did you even read the article? You might try reading it again perhaps, but this time remove your fanboy goggles first. lol

The EVO is a great device no doubt, but you've got to be able to take the good with the bad as far how it performs various tasks, etc.

This wasn't the first article from PC World to slam the phone. Soooo The track record is obvious. I really could care less what you think if you read my post I just found it funny that he gives this review with out real data. Maybe is me but data is important if you are going to review something....not this well it didn't work that great, but the flowers are pretty in the park. Oh well it made me laugh.

Upvote 0
Personally, I bought this phone for the phone. I do have Wimax in my city but I will probably only even enable it on occasion. It's a nice option, like Wifi, for heavy data use.

First app I downloaded was the Speedtest app and I got 3469 up and 1020 down. Sounds good to me!

I think you have your speeds reversed neo, but that's not the reason for my post. I know what you meant.

I haven't gotten an EVO yet, just because I'm not usually one that needs to have the "Latest & greatest". I was also put off slightly because of the memory card problem. (I'm extremely impressed with the speed at which Sprint pushed out the repair however....... EXTREMELY impressed!) Anyway, reading about what you guys/gals are saying about your new EVO's is causing me to rethink my timeline for getting an EVO. I've been with Verizon for well over 10 years and have never had a problem with their phones or sevice. I've also never had a problem with their network. I have an Omnia1, with a 16GB memory card, and love it. That's another reason I wasn't in any hurry to switch phones and carriers. But I find myself wanting the EVO tonight a lot more than I did this morning. I live in Honolulu, HI, which is a 4G city but 4G isn't the main reason I want the EVO, although it is a plus. The main selling points for me are the fast processor, the huge screen, the 8mp camera, and the Android OS. (Did I mention how impressed I am with the OTA update today)

I'll be off island next week and I don't want the phone now, (well I do, but) because I'd just be playing with it and wouldn't get anything else done. So, it's looking like I'll be getting a new phone and switching carriers the week of June 14th.

Keep posting people, I'll keep reading, and enjoy your new phone/toy. Thanks to all for all your assistance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones