1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

PDANet and Foxfi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mlg2919, Sep 10, 2014.

1. mlg2919

mlg2919 Member

Anyone using PDANet on LG G3 to connect computer? Does it work OK? Anyone use Foxfi to create a hotspot?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mlg2919

mlg2919 Member

No one using PDANet? Waiting on comments to order phone, so would appreciate any comments.

3. legalkill

legalkill Android Enthusiast

4. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

I haven't used it on this phone sorry :(

5. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

I don't have a G3,But I used it on my ZTE Force.
    You can try it before you buy it,I think they let you use so much data for free(Trial version).Heck download it and try it,

6. mlg2919

mlg2919 Member

I have had and used PDANet on my last 3 phones and currently use it, in fact I depend on it! My question is not do I download PDANet, but do I buy the LG G3. If PDANet with not at least work in tether mode then this phone is of no use to me.

7. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Foxfi apparently does not work on the G3.

8. mlg2919

mlg2919 Member

FoxFi is having problems with 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 from what I have read. Do you know if pdanet link to PC works?

9. legalkill

The pdanet USB tether works in my wife's g2, not that that means anything to you

mlg2919 likes this.
  10. JimStinson

JimStinson Lurker

Got a HECK of a shock today!

Been using pdanet+ w/FoxFi for Sprint/ATT for a couple of weeks. (Paid for Versions).

Imagine my surprise when my data plan bill was for OVER 29Gb of usage! Must not be doing something right. Any help out there?

G4 Active SGH-i537 on ATT. Rooted with GeoHot and Titanium backup. SU works.

Thanks,

Jim Stinson

11. legalkill

Sounds like you were using the data, isn't that what PDAnet is for?

12. iazybandit

iazybandit Member

You do know that PDANet/FoxFi uses the data from your phone but lets you tether? It's not free internet. So if you're not on unlimited data, any overages, you pay.

13. Jshadow

Jshadow Newbie

FoxFi/PDAnet both work fine on my LG G3. I tether my laptop and other iPhones and android phones frequently.

Edit. Corrected G3

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews