• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PDANet in 2.1

flu13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
While playing around with Titanium, I was prompted to enable USB Debugging. I remembered having turned this on pre-2.1 for PDANet. However, when I plugged my phone into my PC via USB, it didn't recognize it. So I thought maybe I'd reinstall PDANet to get whatever drivers it loaded to use the USB in Debug mode. I did that, and installed the Samsung USB driver it says to install, but it keeps telling me during PDANet install that it doesn't have the driver.

Anyone have any advice here?

Two more things....

1) Now it shows an icon in my notification bar to tell me that debugging mode is on. Can I disable this?

2) Now that I've figured out how to flash custom builds and stuff, does debug mode need to be turned off for that stuff to be pushed over USB?

Upvote 0
Two more things....

1) Now it shows an icon in my notification bar to tell me that debugging mode is on. Can I disable this?

2) Now that I've figured out how to flash custom builds and stuff, does debug mode need to be turned off for that stuff to be pushed over USB?

If you have the drivers installed, you don't need to turn debugging off.

Reactions: flu13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones