• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Ok, so, I got on androidzoom.com and I was looking at the different apps for a tether and came across pdanet.

After looking into the comments and screenshots, I didnt see anything about it working on the Eris. So naturally, I address the community of the you guys

Does anyone have PdaNet on the Eris and does it work? (how fast,is it slow, etc)

Please let me know.

PS. for those still expierencing the market problem, here is the link for androidzoom.com, click on an app and scan it with barcode scanner.

It works pretty good. I get sustained 80-100k download speeds in my apartment. After two weeks you lose access to https i.e. banking, shopping online, gmail and facebook to name a few. naturally it is relatively easy to get your hands on the full version online, but it's reasonably priced. I found it to be faster than easy tether. I had no reliability issues on my phone, my girlfriends would lose pc connection occasionally. I'm running the leak and she is running the ota go figure.

Reactions: Houstatlanavegas
Upvote 0
Ok, so, I got on androidzoom.com and I was looking at the different apps for a tether and came across pdanet.

After looking into the comments and screenshots, I didnt see anything about it working on the Eris. So naturally, I address the community of the you guys

Does anyone have PdaNet on the Eris and does it work? (how fast,is it slow, etc)
After trying out the evaluation version, I paid the $18.95 for the full version.

You get the same speed with the tethered Eris as you do with the untethered Eris.

In strong signal areas, I get essentially the same upload and download speeds with the Eris tethered using PdaNet as I do with my UM150 data card--800 kbps to 2.0 Mbps down and 400-600 kbps up.

In weak signal areas, I get much betters speeds and a more reliable signal with the tethered Eris than I do with the data card. That's why I bought PdaNet.

I use the USB cable. I have been unable to get the Bluetooth PdaNet tether to work, but others have succeeded.

Upvote 0
Ok so i decided to download it and its not working i have no idea why but really need this to work so i can graduate in august and do work in my dorm room...:D

does anyone know how to set this up properly on a gateway(boooo) laptop and using windows vista, id appreciate anytime of help.

Thank you

The install should be the same across MS platforms. Did you download and install the software for your computer? Also, once installed on the phone and the computer, you need to tell it to manually connect.

1. Open the app on your phone.
2. Open the app on your computer.
3. On your computer, tell it to connect.

Upvote 0
If you're tethering, it might help to do this:

Dial ##778
six zeroes for password
M.IP Default Profile
DUN NAI --> change yournumber@[B]dun[/B].vzw3g.com to just yournumber@vzw3g.com (delete dun)
Menu -> Commit Changes

I think the theory is that if you tether, VZW's network can tell the difference between that and using data through your phone alone. Although we have unlimited Data plans, it's technically wrong for us to tether without paying for the tethering package.

Upvote 0
i had to enable some services on my win7 home prem. netbook for the status to move from connecting.... to actually connect. after that it worked fine.

I found my fix on the help page for the software. im not in a great coverage area but speedtest.net recognized i was on verizon towers and i got .4 down and .2 up. good enough for a test.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones