1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

PDAnet or Wi-Fi hotspot: does VM prefer one over the other?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JohannFu, May 20, 2011.

1. JohannFu

JohannFu Newbie

I get online with my laptop briefly a few times a day to check sites such as Drudge and Powerline and Mark Steyn. (I like the bigger display. Easier to read than my Optimus V.) I do this using either Wi-Fi hotspot or PDAnet. Does VM prefer we use one rather than the other?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Since it's against the TOS it's neither.

3. JohannFu

JohannFu Newbie

Could someone give me a less holier-than-thou answer?

4. greg4android

greg4android Android Enthusiast

I don't think Sprint/VM wants you to use either. since its not a readily available feature of the phone without using quicksettings or pdanet.

While probably using it once in a while won't be a big deal, it might cause your account to be cancelled if abused.

P.S. SPRINT disabled the capability all together in the Optimus T....only a matter of time before they do on the Optimus V....

5. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Wasn't being holier than thou. Just because it's an answer you don't want to hear...don't be so oversensitive. VM is not going to prefer one over another because it's against the TOS. Period. End of story.

6. greg4android

greg4android Android Enthusiast

and i'm sure you've never tried it, right, Scott?

7. koopakid08

koopakid08 Android Expert

PDAnet is probably faster because it's a direct connection, and PDAnet now has the option to hide tethering from your provider, so it's probably the one you want to go with. Plus it doesn't kill your battery as fast

AndyOpie150 likes this.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews