1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

PDANet+ Question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by CTBrian84, Aug 6, 2013.

1. CTBrian84

CTBrian84 Newbie
    None

May 22, 2013
    I've been using PDANet+ on my phone successfully for a while. I have a RAZR through Verizon and I'm grandfathered into their unlimited plan. Today, I left my apartment with my phone, and shutt off PDANet+. I get back, go to active it and it says "Your phone cannot currently connect to Verizon's server."

What I've tried already:

Resetting phone
    Resetting phone then change the WiFi name
    Checked and unchecked the data usage limit

I keep getting the same error.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. jasesun23

jasesun23 Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2013
    Sorry can't help you I am having the same issue. I'm at a beach house that has no wifi. I researched and purchased pdanet+ with the key to take advantage of my unlimited verizon data plan for the next 2 weeks. Yesterday (8/5) everything worked perfectly. USB Tether as well as Wifi Hotspot. Got amazing speeds through Wifi Hotspot. This morning (8/6) I tried to activate Wifi Hotspot and get the following messages
    ---------------
    Checking subscription status please wait.........

Network Connection Error : Your phone cannot currently connect to Verizon's server. Internet connection is not available or weak, Ethernet connection is using a proxy, or Verizon's server is not responding. Please try again later.

I hit okay and a new message pops up

Fail to activate hotspot: fail to start wifi mode, please try again.
    ----------------
    This has been all day. Not sure if its something with PDANet or if Verizon shut me out. Its odd that USB Tether works well but the Wifi Hotspot doesn't. Makes me think that it might not be Verizon. If you go to the play store the reviews from PDANet for today have the same problem. Hopefully someone can shed light on this. Would really like the Wifi mode to work as I can put the phone in a much better location to get reception.
    I have a Droid Bionic running 4.1.2

Jay

3. Brynk

Brynk Newbie
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    I had the same problem, but the problem seems to have resolved itself and all is working fine

4. jasesun23

jasesun23 Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2013
    Mine is working now as well.

I have to this is an great feature/app. I just did a speed test and got 16 mbps down and 8 mbps up. I'm truly amazed by this. Well worth the 8 dollars I spent on this app even if it only works for the 2 weeks I'm here.