• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pdanet random disconnects?

Anyone else have this problem, it is really ****ing annoying. Im trying to download a 4gig torrent and it seems if im not right here at the damn computer watching it, it will disconnect. If I leave for a while and come back the computer is disconnected from the internet. I have no Idea why it is doing this, all I have to do is hit connect and it connects again its not like I have to restart the program and everything for some reason it just keeps disconnecting after a period of time. Does it have something to do with it being the free version? Any help is appreciated.

Personally I think it is something with pdanet and is the reason I stopped using it. It used to happen all the time with my palm centro, and same thing with the evo. Really annoying. Easy tether works good if you want to give it a shot. Easy tether has disconnected as well but maybe only once or twice and I have been using it since I got the Evo in June.

Upvote 0
I use easy tether (basically same thing) and I get random disconnects. I found out that if I use a different computer or different login, it is not as often. I also tried a different usb port and left a webpage open (thinking it might be timing out) on the same computer that was disconnecting often. That seemed to help out but it does still disconnect sometimes. What I ended up doing is just using a different computer that does not seem to disconnect very often. Was able to download ubuntu 10 the other day without a single disconnect. I have the full version by the way. Experiment a little and see if you can get it to be a little more useable. That is what I had to do. If you find out what the real issue is, I would be curious to know also.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones