• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PDAnet tethering to xbox live, and vista

Does anyone have an answer to the original questions of this thread ....

we could go on and on about whether tethering violates your contract or whether people get in trouble for using it .... I pay alot for my cell phone every month and plan to use its capabilities (including the UNLIMITED data) to its fullest .... if Verizon notices data spikes they could be due to all kinds of things besides tethering ... streaming music, video, GPS, downloading videos and music from the phone, and other apps ....

Anyway - has anyone figured out how to get games to update so they can be played on LIVE? I upped the MTU but that didn't seem to help ....

Upvote 0
Does anyone have an answer to the original questions of this thread ....

we could go on and on about whether tethering violates your contract or whether people get in trouble for using it .... I pay alot for my cell phone every month and plan to use its capabilities (including the UNLIMITED data) to its fullest .... if Verizon notices data spikes they could be due to all kinds of things besides tethering ... streaming music, video, GPS, downloading videos and music from the phone, and other apps ....

Anyway - has anyone figured out how to get games to update so they can be played on LIVE? I upped the MTU but that didn't seem to help ....
Anybody figure this out?

Upvote 0
Anybody figure this out?

It's funny ... I have scoured the Internet for an answer to this and couldn't find a single person, even with the wealth of highly technical and intelligent people in the forums, address this.

I have had to bring my xbox over to a relative's house to download game updates so I can play on live .... it works out but it sure is frustrating!

Upvote 0
first of all i have a samsing galaxy precedent for straight talk i pay a flat rate of 45 dollars a month for ulimited everything data web everything ok i have three 3 so person at top ur full of shit because u can use three 3 to connect to xbox all you have to do is download pdanet to phone and computer and hook ethernet cable from computer to xbox and it works oh yeah and i dont have extra charges or pay anything for pda net or data packs or whatever and i dont care who likes it suck on that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones