• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PdaNet trouble

CSRuff

Jan 1, 2010
South Texas
Just recently I have started having trouble with PdaNet on my Eris. Suddenly my browser can't seem to find a site, any site. I get that white screen message that it is busy or unavailable. If I close PdaNet and try to reopen it I never get the "Turn Off PdaNet" message that tells me it has connected. My only way to reestablish a connection is to reboot the phone. Can anyone tell me what is going on and more importantly how to fix it. Thanks.

Yes. The tray icon pops up to say connected and I get the little circle that shows I'm connected. It always works for several minutes often even up to an hour then poof, no Internet even though everything still shows I'm connected. Closing the app and then opening it won't work. I never get a connection until I reboot the phone.

Upvote 0
I’m having the same problem as the OP, PDAnet opens and runs fine for the first few seconds/minutes, then slows to the point of being unusable. I first noticed this on Monday. I checked last night and the same thing is happening on the phone’s internal browser. It’s almost like “someone” is seriously throttling my network usage ability.
I paid for the full version, and until now have never had a problem with this very useful app. I do hope someone has an idea about what may be causing this and how to fix it.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if your account is being intentionally throttled? I’d hate to spend a bunch of time looking for a hardware or software problem when it’s just the big V screwing with me. I do tether often, but it is generally just for email and what I would consider “light” surfing, msn, cnn, etc.

Upvote 0
What is your signal strength? Is your connection slow everywhere you go? I had a situation where Verizon had an intermittent problem with one tower. It is nearly impossible to convince Verizon that there is a problem with their network but after 2 months and 3 trouble tickets they finally found the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones