1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

pdf Adobe Acrobat file will not load

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ringo1968, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ringo1968

ringo1968 Lurker

I own a HTC Desire and my pay documents fail to download. Is there a reason because i was told that people can open these documents but I cannot. I'm with vodafone uk. I wondered if it may possibly be a settings issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

Downloaded files should be on the SD card in folder Download.

Have look on the SD card with a file manager like EStrongs File Explorer, free in Market/Play Store :)

When you click on a .pdf file EStrongs will let choose a PDF reader for to open the PDF doc.

Harry

3. ringo1968

ringo1968 Lurker

The file does not download to begin with. I click on the 'download' icon in my inbox and after 15 minutes am told it is 'unsuccessful'. This is ridiculous because there is someone with an old Nokia N96 who can easily download this file. Surely an HTC Desire should be able to do this, after all i just downloaded a 4 page pdf restaurant menu and it took 2 seconds.

4. Harry2

Hadn't any problems to download email's PDF attachments on my old Desire :thinking:

Try a bigger mail size limit in email's settings and clear the cache of your email app.
    Or you might delete and reinstall your email app.

But before you might install a third party PDF reader like Mantano Reader. For trying Mantano there is a free version with ads in Market/Play Store.

Harry

5. ringo1968

ringo1968 Lurker

No, nothing works, not even a system upgrade or cache clearance. And i'm not buying a damned computer just to download one pdf file a week. It's a joke.

6. ringo1968

ringo1968 Lurker

I've managed to 'solve' the problem by downloading Opera Mini Browser just to see if i could download the file...and it worked. It allowed me to choose where to save the document and i opened it straightway and read it. But i don't use Opera Mini as default browser only to open this pay document. Bizarre stuff.

Harry2 likes this.
  7. Harry2

Thanks for the feedback :)

Harry