• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pdf files on home page ICS

mrzz

Lurker
May 30, 2012
I have ICS running on my Nexus phone.

I have downloaded a pdf file into /mnt/sdcard/myPdf/foo.pdf using a USB connection from my PC.
How do I get access to foo.pdf from my home screen?

I have installed Astro, have an astro icon on my home page, can use astro to navigate to the pdf on the sdcard, how do I move the pdf to a home page?

I'm not sure about Astro, but in ES File Explorer, you can long press on the file, and select Shortcut. Then a shortcut will appear on your home screen. I'm sure the process is fairly similar in Astro.

It works differently in Astro. You can't do it through the app, but if you long press on the home screen and select 'shortcut' then select 'Astro' you can then navigate through an astro window to select the file you want to put on your homescreen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones