• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help pdf files

I just got my Rhyme a couple weeks ago, and completely new to smartphones. I'm getting the hang of the droid platform and constantly learning more as I go. So far, I like the phone, but we're still honeymooning at this point.
My company provides instructions and information via .pdf documents. As I understand it, I should be able to simply tap the file name in my downloads list and open the pdf. However, the downloads are failing every time, and the only pdf that I can open is the very red instruction sheet on how to access the files on the phone.

I've tried with the update installed to no avail, and uninstalled it, in hopes of it just being a glitch. Am I making missteps or is there an issue with my phone? And if this has been brought up elsewhere that I missed in my initial search, then a link to that remedy might be of use to me.

I called Verizon tech support and after troubleshooting, I was able to open a .pdf file attached to an email, which apparently was enough of a jump start for the app to function on the phone. I have since been tinkering and been able to download a variety of .pdf files from my company's website without having to email them all to myself at the computer, in order to open them on the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones