1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

PDF in any browser

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mlong12, Sep 28, 2011.

1. mlong12

mlong12 Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    Hey guys,

So I need to view PDF's from links on my company's website. Now, these PDFs are updated randomly whenever they need to be (sometimes 10+ times a day) so I don't want to download each and every time to view in a PDF reader. Is this possible in any browser? Or in any way? And to specify in case my post is not clear, Process of events = open website, click link, pdf opens in browser, press back button, repeat.

Also, if there is a feature such as the iPhone/iPad's "add link to home screen" option, that would make my life a lot easier too.

Thank You.

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to the forums!

You may see if the latest Firefox 7 will support that pdf use your phone. Honestly, I have had no end of trouble with it on mine for the last few updates, but your mileage may vary. I'd like to see that one solved, myself.

The Boat Browser Mini (free in the Market) has a simple option to add the current page's link as a home page shortcut and is a good overall browser.

3. mlong12

mlong12 Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    Thank you for your response. I'm sorry to hear that there is no way as of late to do that. I have tried Firefox, and still nothing. I'm using a Toshiba Thrive, which I don't know if it makes a difference if its a tablet or phone.

Thanks again!:)