1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

PDF reader app!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by stratokan87, Oct 1, 2011.

1. stratokan87

stratokan87 Lurker
    None

Oct 1, 2011
    Hi android friends! :) This is my first thread, i hope this question wasn't posted before :) well, I'm a medicine student, and now I have a Nook Color with CM7, it runs great, I have quick office, aldiko and Android reader, as readers for my pdf's. since they are very useful, I was looking for other app that could allow me to read PDF of larger size (I have some books of 200 mb aproximatelly and my quick office just crash), faster reading, the option of justify the text ("resize and accomodate" to the screen) the option to jump to certain page and something very important, the option of SAVING THE PAGE I WAS READING! :) this is very annoying in quick office, because you are reading a text in some page, then you llok for another book, and when you come back to the previous one it is at the first page...since aldiko saves the page you were, but you have to resize the page everytime you change it...and well...I hope someone know an app like that...or else maybe some recommended apps would be useful... This seems like a great place to solve doubtS! :) and i hope someonce could help me :) one last thing...I'm from Bolivia, so sorry for my english :) thanks!!! :)

Advertisement

2. lumix

lumix Member
    None

Aug 13, 2011
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    I know two PDF reader which that do what you want:
    ezPDF Reader and Mantano Reader.

But my PDF files are only up to 15MB.
    So I don't know how these readers will work with very large files ;)

EDIT: Tried with a 200MB PDF file.
    Both reader can handle it but I think, ezReader will be the better choice :)

RepliGo Reader handles good this large PDF too.
    But it can't set bookmarks, only memorys the last page was read.

Harry

4. stratokan87

stratokan87 Lurker
    None

Oct 1, 2011
    thank you so much lumix and Harry2!! :) you were very fast!!! :) this forum is great...i'm going to search right now for the programs you mentioned....by the way, while I was waiting for some responde, I downloaded Acrobat reader, well it can handle very large files (the 200 MB file was opened quickly enough, but the zooming is somewhat slow...and I cant find how to jump to certain page in specific, just with the search toolbar I can jump to pages but they dont have numbers :S , it remembers last page, but no bookmarks i think, and other thing that I didn't like at all was the lack of a browser, everytime I enter acrobat it shows me the entire list of my PDF files...instead of carpets...or something like that...just the last read...well, besides that, it is a powerful app :), thanks lumix) and well I'm going to serch for the others harry mentioned :) thanks again!! :) I will post a reply soon!! :) :) :)

5. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Adobe reader can't bookmarks.

ezPDF Reader and Mantano Reader can bookmark.
    But note, they bookmark only for themself, other reader can't see this "internal" bookmarks (e.g. your Acrobat Reader on your PC can't see their bookmarks).

But both app can see bookmarks which was made with Acrobat Reader on PC :)

Harry

6. kenneth105813

kenneth105813 Lurker
    None

Oct 2, 2011
    The PDF is good ,but sometimes it's slowly.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]