• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PDF reader for tablet with two-pages-in-landscape-view?

SoWhy

Jun 16, 2010
Hi there,

I searched and tried a number of PDF viewers (Adobe, Aldiko, BeamReader, Bluefire, ezPDF, Asus' MyLibrary and Polaris Office) on my Asus Transformer tablet but I have not found a single one that allows to read a PDF two pages side by side in landscape mode (like a book). This is really annoying, so I wanted to ask if anyone knows of any application that is up to this task.

TIA
SoWhy

To get what you want (i.e. multiple page view, usually two or three depending on the page format) in EbookDroid you need to tap on:
> More
>> Book Settings
>>> Page View Mode
>>>>[TICK] Horizontal scroll
Now you are in continuous horizontal scroll mode (which it really is, as it is not the same as two-page mode). This is as far as it gets, and if you want to see only the two adjacent pages as in a real book then... well, it's not possible. You will see a flow of pages from left to right. You can you zoom to make adjustments, but if you think of two-full-size-page view, you will usually see a little of the previous and the following pages. For me, it's more than satisfactory, so give it a try before dismissing it.

Upvote 0
To get what you want (i.e. multiple page view, usually two or three depending on the page format) in EbookDroid you need to tap on:
> More
>> Book Settings
>>> Page View Mode
>>>>[TICK] Horizontal scroll
Now you are in continuous horizontal scroll mode (which it really is, as it is not the same as two-page mode). This is as far as it gets, and if you want to see only the two adjacent pages as in a real book then... well, it's not possible. You will see a flow of pages from left to right. You can you zoom to make adjustments, but if you think of two-full-size-page view, you will usually see a little of the previous and the following pages. For me, it's more than satisfactory, so give it a try before dismissing it.
I'm building a display (22" monitor on a piano driven by a Galaxy tablet) for my 91 year old mom. We had found all of what you describe, but need to have two pages display, and roll across; e.g. page 1 and 2, then 2 and 3, then 3 and 4. the partial pages of the scrolling solution don't work because hands are busy and it must work from a single tap (or foot petal). Does anyone know if there is an Android solution that lets a tablet display two pages, and when moving forward displays either as I described, or the next two pages? BTW, in single page mode this works flawlessly. THANKS! Pete A

Upvote 0
I have the same need for my wife. I got a 22" ViewSonic VSD220 All-In-One computer running Android ICS for $350 w/$50 rebate [till 7.31.2013] so it cost $300+tax, not bad for a fun computer with touch screen and a HD monitor w/HDMI in. Anyway I connected a USB [FooTime] page turner, operates with the foot...left back a page, right forward a page, it has large lighted buttons and works well with ezPDF. On sheet music that is small you can use ezPDF in vertical [one page] and use the foot buttons to go up a screen. Very large sheet music. I scan mine in PDF using a Epson Artisan 837 so the pages are all together in one file.
The ezPDF and this site were the key.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones