1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Peace sign icon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sundance2011, Nov 20, 2011.

1. sundance2011

sundance2011 Member
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    Just got my LG Optimus V and I love it so far. I have a icon that popped up in the tool bar at the top I can't find in the manual. It is sq. with a peace sign in it. What does this indicate?

Couple of other things I haven't figured out. When I set up the phone it downloaded tons of picture ...from google I guess. they are my pictures but it never asked to import them to my phone. I can see them in the gallery but can't figure out how to delete them. can anybody help with that? Also how do I (can I) force downloads to the SD card?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. G19

G19 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Is the icon in the status bar on the far left or right side? When you drag the status bar down what does it say is running?

3. G19

G19 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    You can move the apps to the sd by using the app2sd app. That's the easiest way.

4. sundance2011

sundance2011 Member
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    It's gone now. I noticed that the craigslist app icon looks the same so it must be something to do with that app.

Thanks for the help.

5. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
    When apps run sometimes they'll give you notifications you just pull down the bar when see an icon on the left and you will see what its telling you

6. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    What benslgdroid said + with the pulldown pulled down click on the clear option. This should remove an icon from the "Task Bar" and clear the notification tray. There are some apps that will require you to close them in order to remove them from the "Task Bar". They will have a notification in the pulldown that says: "select to open".

7. sundance2011

sundance2011 Member
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    Thanks, that is very helpful to know. Now the other major problem.

When I did the setup it loaded a bunch of my pictures from somewhere without asking. Now I have little to no space for apps. When I go to the gallery to delete them I can not. I have tried everything I can think of including looking for them with the phone connected to my computer. they do not seems to be on the SD card and I can't get to the phone memory from the computer.

When I go to the gallery I see a trash can but as soon as I select an image or folder the trash can disappears. How do I delete the images in the gallery?

Thanks for the help!

8. mikeca

mikeca Android Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2011
    Hold your finger down on the download gallery and a check box will eventually appear and then you you can check either the download gallery to delete or if you open the gallery you can long tap on the pictures and the select boxes will pop up to delete them individually.

All my google / picasa photos did this also. You can stop this from recurring by turning that off in your sync settings.

Hope that helps!

9. sundance2011

sundance2011 Member
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    I have disabled to have stuff synced ...I think. But I still have all the stuff there had already synced. You directions above do not work.I open the gallery, hold my finger on a folder to select it. I then select all the photos in the gallery but there never is a delete option. At the bottom is a menu and share button. I hit the menu button and a balloon pops up with two selections details and set as wall paper. When nothing is selected I see the delete button at the bottom but as soon as I delete a image the delete button disappears.

10. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    Sundance,

Download Quickpic from the Market. The stock gallery app that comes with the OpV is crap (it tends to eat too much of the phones CPU). Most people use Quickpic as it's a much better app, more configurable, and stable.

In Quickpic, hold your finger down on the folder you want to delete. A popup list will appear where you can choose the option to delete that folder. Also while you are in Quickpic, click the phones physical Menu button for the apps settings.

11. sundance2011

sundance2011 Member
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    I installed QP and regretfully it does not show the thumbnails/folder of the stuff that was synced with on Google. Looks like a great app to have but didn't help me with this issues. Frigin Google, if they would just stop assuming they know what I want things would be much better. One other thing I might try but could screw something up I guess is this. With the phone connected to my PC I can see the thumbnail folder. I might try moving it off the phone and see what happens with the assumption if things go haywire I can put it back. Think that would work?

12. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    If it's not showing a folder with images, go into the QP settings and add the folder.

Tags: