1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Peace!!! ^^

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MuteNightingale, Jan 23, 2016.

1. MuteNightingale

Hi all folks out there! :D

This is Aileen (written "Aylin", but nevermind ^^" ) and I'm a female student from Germany who happens to be interested in IT. Now, that interest has lead me to pick IT-related seminars... one of them being android programming (@high school, right now).

As I failed to find solutions for some errors on my own, that is actually the primary reason why I signed up on this page. Don't worry, though! The seminar coming to an end won't mean that you're getting rid of me so easily. :p I'll stay active probably.

Annnnnyway, other than programming I also enjoy writing and sketching a lot... and I play the violin!
    Could write paragraphs about my personality and goals and everything, but I'm gonna assume that this intro is only supposed to give a first impression.

...SOOOOOO, I'll end it here! Hello again and I'd be happy to get a greeting in return C;

Aye

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Welcome to our AndroidForums, Aylin / Aileen :).

I had the pleasure of living in Heidelberg for a few years a long while back (I was a teenager)...a wonderful experience!

Hope you find what you need here at AF.

Cheers!

Mikestony and MuteNightingale like this.
  3. MuteNightingale

Thank you! ^^ I have no doubt that I'm gonna have a really good time here and I hope I can somehow contribute to yours as well :)

You lived in Heidelberg? That's awesome! ^^ Does that mean you can speak a little German?

...uhm, would you like to be called "Scary Alien"? :D If not, may I know your name, Sir? ^^

Mikestony and scary alien like this.
  4. scary alien

VIP Member

Oh, it's been so long and I'm so out of practice, unfortunately I've forgotten most of what I learned :(.

But Heidelberg and Wiesloch (where we first live) were such a wonderful place for a teenager and the people were so nice (most spoke English, anyway).

Call me "scary" or "SA" or whatever, I'll answer to most things ;) :p :).

Mikestony and MuteNightingale like this.
  5. MuteNightingale

Awww... that's no prob. The universal language is still English after all :D

I've never been to those two towns - I'm rather in Nuremberg's environment, but Heidelberg and Wiesloch are really chilled places. What convinced you guys to leave Germany? :eek:

SCARY! SA for "scary android" (my free interpretation because why not!). Yep, I like it. :p SA then. Cool.

Mikestony and scary alien like this.
  6. scary alien

VIP Member

My step-father was in the US Army and his tour was over in '75, so we came back to the states then.

Pretty sure I never made it to Nuremburg, but we did get to travel to many cities on the volksmarches we went on--those were awesome...probably did twenty or so of them (and I miss the bratwursts we'd eat afterwards ;)).

7. MuteNightingale

...I wasn't even born back then. >_< But we learned that until the end of the 20th century we had a lot of Americans over here due to that maniac and WW2. I wish I would have had the chance to meet a few.

Never went on a Volksmarsch before! :D But I eat bratwursts about every month :p

scary alien likes this.
  8. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

MuteNightingale likes this.
  9. MuteNightingale

@AMOCO
    Thank you very much ^^

AMOCO likes this.
  10. LizMac

LizMac Android Enthusiast

Welcome! You seem to have a lot of interests and hobbies. Violin? !! Awesome!

Makes me wish I was young again. :-D

11. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I salute your step-father for protecting us from harm bet your step-dad was a great guy

12. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Welcome to the forums we are glad you are here :)

13. MuteNightingale

@LizMac
    Thank you! ^^ Well, you sound quite euphoric and energetic, like a young person :D

@NatalieEj @argedion
    Thanks for welcoming me! I hope I can contribute to an active forum. ^^

argedion likes this.
  14. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

pull up a chair and sit on the floor with the rest of us :) I'm sure your contributions will be great ;)

15. MuteNightingale

Will do, Sir!!

argedion likes this.