• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pebble Blue or Marble White? or..both??

What colour SGSIII will you get?

• Pebble Blue

Votes: 148 51.4%
  • Marble White

Votes: 127 44.1%
  • Both

Votes: 13 4.5%

• Total voters
Ordered 32gb WHITE version. Coming from a series of black Droid phones, I figured this would be a nice break. I'm slightly concerned that it might be a little feminine, but I'm secure enough in my manliness (sp?) that I think I can pull it off. And I think white is definitely more striking. I can't wait for this thing to arrive...hopefully sooner rather than later...

haha when did white become a female color? I see a lot of people saying this. A bit outlandish, really. It's not iphone white its an off color white. It's not like someone who has dark skin and bleeched their teeth white. Sheesh.

Upvote 0
haha when did white become a female color? I see a lot of people saying this. A bit outlandish, really. It's not iphone white its an off color white. It's not like someone who has dark skin and bleeched their teeth white. Sheesh.

Yeah I don't think white is a female color. I have a lot of friends with white phones and I think I know one or two girls maybe that have white phones.

Upvote 0
Not sure whether to get this phone in pebble blue or marble white!

The pebble blue looks pretty nice and is different, and I like how the front and back are more grey-ish blue. But my big problem is that the edges look meh, and the home button looks absolutely awful, almost purple, and doesn't match anything else on the phone.

The white looks incredible, but my concerns are that the white border will be distracting while watching video and that the notification light will be very bright and bleed, illuminating a lot of the top left of the phone.

I've watched a bunch of videos and still can't really tell. To anyone who has the phone already, what are your thoughts?

Upvote 0

The pebble blue looks pretty nice and is different, and I like how the front and back are more grey-ish blue. But my big problem is that the edges look meh, and the home button looks absolutely awful, almost purple, and doesn't match anything else on the phone.

The white looks incredible, but my concerns are that the white border will be distracting while watching video and that the notification light will be very bright and bleed, illuminating a lot of the top left of the phone.

I've watched a bunch of videos and still can't really tell. To anyone who has the phone already, what are your thoughts?

Hi there,

I had black or blue phones all my life (Nokia 3310, Nokia 6810, N95, N98, I8910, SGS2 - these I can remember). This time with the SGS3 recall of the blue model I decided to risk and got the white one. I can tell you that may be I was skeptical the first 1-2 days, but now I wouldn't change it for blue even if they give me 100 Euro extra. It looks stunning, fresh, summery, clean and etc. On top of that the metal like surface on the side of the phone is making this phone stand out 10 times more than the blue model.
I believe that if you get the white one you will not regret it.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Kuhns787 and GTGD
Upvote 0
I pre-ordered the white one because I'm looking for something different from the traditional Verizon Black Droid phones which I've had for the past several years. And also because you know what you're getting with the white version. I still don't know what the US blue version will look like. Metallic? Purple? Peeling issues? etc. I just don't know what it will look like. If you get the white and then see that the blue is super-cool, then you can try to switch over within the return period.

One other thing is that I assume the white will garner a bit more attention as well (which may or may not be a good thing).

Either way, it looks like a sweet phone. Good luck with your decision!

Upvote 0
I ordered the blue. It looks awesome in sunlight, and the sides seem to shine a nice blue also in sunlight. The white is nice, but to antiseptic too me. Don't like kitchen and hospital colors personally.

Besides white reminds me too much of the white iPhone craze I've seen so many of my iPhone friends get caught up in. :thinking:

Upvote 0

I have the same issue. I have pre-ordered this blue version. The edges have more intense violet like color and the home button has a different color as well. Now I have noticed that little bit of dust entering through the edges especially through the gaps in the home button. I m thinking to sell this color off and planing to get a white phone.

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I had black or blue phones all my life (Nokia 3310, Nokia 6810, N95, N98, I8910, SGS2 - these I can remember). This time with the SGS3 recall of the blue model I decided to risk and got the white one. I can tell you that may be I was skeptical the first 1-2 days, but now I wouldn't change it for blue even if they give me 100 Euro extra. It looks stunning, fresh, summery, clean and etc. On top of that the metal like surface on the side of the phone is making this phone stand out 10 times more than the blue model.
I believe that if you get the white one you will not regret it.

I hope this helps.

I have the white one too. It's beautiful.
Fantastic phone.

Upvote 0
My phone will serve daily duty in a car dock on my dash. White makes a HORRIBLE reflection in my window. I put white paper on my DX on the dash. The black DX is almost invisible, but when covered in white, wow, it is very distracting. I ordered blue. That aluminum strip that is not on the blue model, while looking nicer than without, would also give a bad reflection in the window.
If it weren't for the daily window duty, I'd have went white.

Upvote 0
My phone will serve daily duty in a car dock on my dash. White makes a HORRIBLE reflection in my window. I put white paper on my DX on the dash. The black DX is almost invisible, but when covered in white, wow, it is very distracting. I ordered blue. That aluminum strip that is not on the blue model, while looking nicer than without, would also give a bad reflection in the window.
If it weren't for the daily window duty, I'd have went white.

I also have a droid x with the dock,i pre ordered a white one and i gotta tell you i didnt think about the white reflecting on the windshield with the dock, but thats a small sacrafice im willing to make my car has built in GPS/bluetooth so i dont have to have the phone docked down site is it wont be charging :(

Upvote 0
As in many things, you probably know which one is safer, and which one you think would would be cooler to have. But look at it the other way. If it turns out NOT to be what you thought it would be, which are you more likely to regret.

That's how I chose car colors, house painting choices, lots of stuff.

For me, the white is the shizzle, but I'd rather be safer and go with the blue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones