• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

peeled some plastic off my phone now i am paranoid..

If you're talking about the plastic on the back of the display section, there was a lot of debate when the Droid first came out as to whether that plastic was supposed to be removed or not. Of those who removed it, some claimed the sliding/opening of their keyboard seemed better, and others claimed it got worse and wished they had never removed it.

Mine is still on and I haven't had any problems attributable to this plastic. But if yours is already off and it's not causing any problems with the sliding mechanism, I wouldn't worry about it much. The only thing I would suggest is to keep an eye on this mechanism as your warranty date approaches so you don't wake up two days after it expires and suddenly start noticing problems.

Upvote 0
Since you included such important details in your amazing post including where the plastic you peeled off even was ... i'm going to assume you just pulled the plastic off the back of the sliding screen. The piece of plastic was actually tied into the electronics of the phone. It was designed as a theft deterrent. Now that you have pulled it off your phone recognizes the phone as stolen and exactly 72 hours from when it was removed the phone will lock down and only a motorola tech can unlock it again. It also is considered tampering and you will not be eligible for a warranty replacement. Hope you have insurance. I would immediately begin hand writing all your contact's names and #'s down on a piece of paper, you will probably loose those too

If you believed me your a sucker ....... next time do a search. Took me 3 seconds to get it

http://androidforums.com/droid-how-tips/19202-dont-forget-remove-plastic-film-back-screen.html

Upvote 0
Since you included such important details in your amazing post including where the plastic you peeled off even was ... i'm going to assume you just pulled the plastic off the back of the sliding screen. The piece of plastic was actually tied into the electronics of the phone. It was designed as a theft deterrent. Now that you have pulled it off your phone recognizes the phone as stolen and exactly 72 hours from when it was removed the phone will lock down and only a motorola tech can unlock it again. It also is considered tampering and you will not be eligible for a warranty replacement. Hope you have insurance. I would immediately begin hand writing all your contact's names and #'s down on a piece of paper, you will probably loose those too

If you believed me your a sucker ....... next time do a search. Took me 3 seconds to get it

http://androidforums.com/droid-how-tips/19202-dont-forget-remove-plastic-film-back-screen.html

Awesome! Thanks for the laughs! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones