• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Peep issues...

Thanks guys!

However my phone's not rooted and search of the Android market reveals no results of "Startup Auditor" or anything alike there. The reason may be that I'm on 1.5 and it may need a newer version of Android to run but the fact is it doesn't show up.

I suppose that if I'm not going to find anything to deal with it I'm gonna have to learn to live with it. ^_^

Upvote 0
I use startup auditor to do this exact thing. The reason you probably can't see it is because its a paid app, and you might not have access to paid apps? (If you do then it might be a ROM related issue if you have the latest orange rom).

Anyway if you want the app (it runs on 1.5) then contact the developer directly, vesperaNovus (VesperaNovus)

Another option is to use a task killer such as taskpanel, and make it so that peep is automatically killed when the screen turns off.

Reactions: kad3t
Upvote 0
I use startup auditor to do this exact thing. The reason you probably can't see it is because its a paid app, and you might not have access to paid apps?

[...]

Another option is to use a task killer such as taskpanel, and make it so that peep is automatically killed when the screen turns off.

Hmm... Thanks!
I do have access to paid apps but it still don't show up on my market. Maybe I've only got access to "some" paid apps. Don't know really. And for that matter I don't want to pay for an application I only have limited use for. As in I only need it to turn one thing off. I mean that Peep thing is not a bother it's just unnecessary to me so I see no point of having it run in the background but also I see no reason to pay for something I should be able to do "out of the box". ^_^

I'll look into that task panel software. I already use task killer app but it doesn't kill apps in the background when screen goes off and that may be a partial but still a solution.

Thanks again!

Ps. so how can I thank you through this forum?

Upvote 0
You can use the thanks button to the bottom right of my post :p

Are you with Orange in the UK btw?

Nah, unfortunatelly I'm with Era, it's a Polish carrier similar in their mobile naming habbits to UK's T-Mobile - G1, G2 Touch, etc.

That's why my Hero's not rooted yet & that's also why I haven't got a custom Android 2.1 yet as there's hundreads of guides how to root Hero in Sprint, T-Mobile, Orange and so on but not that many for other networks & they're not thorough enough for me to risk bricking it.

Anyway... Thanks! (both pressed and felt ^__^)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones