• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Peep (Twitter client)

Neera

Mar 4, 2010
IL
Is anyone having problems with Peep as well?
Since yesterday it is not updating anymore, it displays "Unknown response from server" when I try to refresh.

Tried both 3G and Wi-fi, no luck. Also restarted the phone completely.
Facebook doesn't seem to be affected at all.

Reactions: Neera
Upvote 0
If it is the switch to OAuth that did this, HTC deserves to lashed with a wet noodle. This was a well-known change going back to the end of last year, and HTC has updated Peep to 2.1 (and released Friendstream) since the announcement was made. They have had ample opportunity to fix this with multiple ROM updates for all of their phones running Sense.

Upvote 0
I've been using TweetDeck for Android, and I really like it.

Me, too, though they still need to add a service piece to listen for notifications. If the app gets cached in the background, it will stop looking for updates. Otherwise, it is a beautiful app, plus a great way to see Twitter, Facebook and even Buzz streams in one place.

I've been using TweetCaster for a while now and prefer it over the others. The only thing I really miss is the Peep widget and wish someone would come out with something similar that worked.

I really don't use widgets, but I believe that Seesmic has a pretty decent widget. Perhaps I am mistaken, though. In addition to the Tweetdeck beta, I do like Seesmic for twitter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones