• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People about to do update

The part we don't know is the replacement for "7b1e5cca". It's a hexadecimal 32-bit number, so there are 4,294,967,296 possible combinations. I don't think brute force will be fast enough to find it. The one thing we know about that code (assuming it's exactly like the previous ones) is that it's equal to the first 8 characters of the SHA-1 hash for the ZIP file. Unfortunately, without the ZIP file, we don't know the SHA-1 hash. And of course, if we had the ZIP file, we wouldn't need to find it.

That's the first permutation I've seen in here. Nice work.

Upvote 0
Good luck to you all. We have been through this twice on the Droid (I used to have an Eris) and the thread got really ugly because ONE guy got it and didn't know to do the logcat...People where calling him a liar, all sorts of names.

They also tried to brute force to find the download, but to no avail.

With 2.1, it was up the next day I think, so everyone should just settle down as the mods and T2noob have said. It will come, and it will come quickly.

Lastly, Enjoy 2.1!!!

Upvote 0
You can get the Mac version of the SDK here Android SDK | Android Developers as long as you have an Intel based Mac. You don't need HTC Sync on the Mac or on Linux, only Windows needs the USB drivers.

We will need more instructions for a Mac. If I had my PC with me, this would be no problem. Right now I only have my MBP which I've only had for about a week.

Edit: Sorry, I'm new to OSX and it took me a minute to find the Terminal.

For those running Mac OSX

1. Download the Mac Android SDK
2. Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal
3. Navigate to where your Android SDK folder is located using the CD (change directory) command.
4. Type adb logcat > logcat_accept.txt

You will get an error that adb is not a valid command, however it still creates a logcat_accept.txt file in the Android SDK folder.

If I receive the update, I will make sure the right people get the .txt file.

Upvote 0
Yes, you can test it anytime, it will log all the debug messages going on at the time.

You can probably run the adb from anywhere, it is being run from the command prompt afterall.

Okay I just wanted to verify. I will see if I can get it to work.

Edit: I tried running and I got the message that it was waiting on the Device. So I hit Control C to kill the process and try again.
I mounted my phone. and tried the command again and it says The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Upvote 0
My co-worker is still running 1.5, she has been nice enough to inform me when she gets the update notification that she will give them phone to me so i can run the log on it. I've tested the log program on my phone to make sure I know it works. Once she receives the update I promise to post it in this thread if it has not been already posted. We have 3 Eris phones in the company i'm the network admin here. Myself and another coworker are running the 2.1v3 leak. So we are both waiting on our 1.5 co-worker lol.

Upvote 0
My co-worker is still running 1.5, she has been nice enough to inform me when she gets the update notification that she will give them phone to me so i can run the log on it. I've tested the log program on my phone to make sure I know it works. Once she receives the update I promise to post it in this thread if it has not been already posted. We have 3 Eris phones in the company i'm the network admin here. Myself and another coworker are running the 2.1v3 leak. So we are both waiting on our 1.5 co-worker lol.

Nice, thanks. That would make many people around these parts happy. That would earn you another couple of "x's" to round off your name. ;)

Perhaps even an underscore or two...

Upvote 0
We will need more instructions for a Mac. If I had my PC with me, this would be no problem. Right now I only have my MBP which I've only had for about a week.

Edit: Sorry, I'm new to OSX and it took me a minute to find the Terminal.

For those running Mac OSX

1. Download the Mac Android SDK
2. Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal
3. Navigate to where your Android SDK folder is located using the CD (change directory) command.
4. Type adb logcat > logcat_accept.txt

You will get an error that adb is not a valid command, however it still creates a logcat_accept.txt file in the Android SDK folder.

If I receive the update, I will make sure the right people get the .txt file.

Does the log thing work on the leaked versions or is it just for 1.5 versions? I'm using a mac but if I can help I will.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones